The arrival of the General Data Protection Regulations on 25 May 2018 changed the way in which organisations manage personal data. This affects all companies including small employers. As an employer, you need to think about how this data is collected, used and stored as well as the processes that are performed with this data.
The JIB takes the security and privacy of your data seriously. We need to gather and use information or ‘data’ about you as part of our business and to manage our relationship with you. We intend to comply with our legal obligations under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’) in respect of data privacy and security.
In line with the GDPR, the JIB will:
- process data fairly, lawfully and transparently;
- collect data and process it only for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes;
- only collect data which is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purposes for which it is processed;
- keep data accurate and up to date, rectifying inaccurate data without delay or deleting such data;
- not keep data longer than is reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it is processed; and
- keep data secure.
JIB Data Protection and Subject Access Request Statement
A guide to the right of access to personal information has been produced assist individuals in this process and can be downloaded here. Information can firstly be accessed through the MyECS Portal on the ECS website and this may provide you with all the information which you require so you are advised to check this facility first. You can access your MyECS Account here .
Website Privacy Statement
If you’re an ECA member company…
There is further guidance and support available from the ECA which is available on the ECA website .
General information can also be found through the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) website .