Criminal record checks are now often required for individuals in the electrotechnical industry when working in schools, care homes, hospitals and other establishments which are responsible for vulnerable people. Many local authority contract tenders require you to have a DBS check done and checks are also required if you work for the Ministry of Defence.
As one of the UK's leading specialists in pre-employment screening and referencing, Security Watchdog is working with the JIB to provide enhanced DBS checks and Disclosure Scotland checks on their behalf.
ECS cardholders and ECA members who are not members of the JIB can also benefit from this service.
The JIB DBS ID check card
JIB and ECA members, along with ECS cardholders, can also apply directly through the JIB for a separate photo identity card to confirm their clearance by the DBS.
How to apply:
- Register with Security Watchdog either as a company, or a self-employed individual applying through the JIB. You can register by contacting Security Watchdog at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01420 558752.
- Complete an online DBS application form using the details provided
- Go to the Post Office for your ID to be verified if you are self-employed, or have your ID verified by your employer if you are working for a company
- Receive a DBS certificate in the post directly from the DBS once completed
- Receive a photo ID card directly from the JIB
For further information on how to apply, please contact Security Watchdog on 01420 558752, where a member of the eBulk team will explain the process to you and answer any questions you may have.